March 26, 2017.
The new consumer travel company and online booking platform debuts with thousands of tours and activities in 97 countries
GoBe.com launched this past Thursday, offering an interactive digital platform that travelers can use to book thousands of day tours and activities in hundreds of destinations worldwide. The enterprise is a wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCCL), but is independent of the RCCL-owned cruise lines.
With an activity searchable by nearly any traveler’s interest, the website offers easy-to-use search features that allow travelers to search by Destination, Interest or Group requirements.
The site has three primary categories of activities: high-value group tours, private excursions, and exclusive, completely tailor-made “Travel Creations”. Additionally, the easy-to-navigate portal searches cruise schedule itineraries, pricing, and availability for a wide variety of experiential activities, from architecture walking tours and culinary adventures to wildlife exploration and bucket-list experiences.
Pricing can vary from under $100 to a few hundred dollars per person, all the way up to exclusive excursions costing thousands of dollars. The following links are examples:
- Alaskan Icy Strait Point Paddling Adventure: Set off in a solo sea kayak with a guide to spot humpback whales in Port Frederick, Alaska. Icy Strait Point activities are exclusively available online on the GoBe site.
- Rome by Private Helicopter with Five-Star Lunch: This scenic flight provides views of the Vatican and dozens of Roman landmarks and outlying hill towns, while a private car and guide visits the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and Condotti’s fabled Italian boutiques.
- Private Tour – Shanghai Food and Tasting with Expert Guide: On this private foodie tour travelers learn why Shanghai is known as the “land of fish & rice,” as a Chinese guide shares knowledge of ancient food traditions at local markets and a traditional Shanghai restaurant.
- Tour of Cayman’s Sparkling Crystal Caves: A guided tour of Grand Cayman’s ancient geological landmark reveals the Crystal Caves’ glistening stalactite and stalagmite crystal structures and rarely seen flora and fauna of this unique tropical forest.
- Viva Lucha Libre: Authentic Mexican Wrestling, Food and Cocktails: On this full-day experience, the main attraction is the lucha libre, a can’t-miss sporting event with high-flying Mexican wrestlers and a party atmosphere. Round out the day visiting historic downtown Guadalajara, tasting local cuisine, and bar hopping.
- Brazilian Surfing Class at Geriba Beach: Using specially designed boards, expert instructors teach surfing theory and practice on one of the best surfing meccas in Brazil, a haven for all water sports and the occasional celebrity sighting.
GoBe aims to triple its quantity of activities around the world by the close of 2017. As of today they feature tours in 896 cities and 97 countries.