February 22, 2018.
Carnival is continuing the upgrading of the Fantasy-class ships in quick fashion. Just a few days ago the news about Carnival Fascination finishing it’s overhaul was announced, and now it’s Carnival Paradise’s turn.
The ship is undergoing an extensive, multi-million-dollar refurbishment that will add a water park, 38 new cabins, 98 balconies to existing staterooms, and many of the popular food and beverage venues. While favorites such as Guy’s Burgers and BlueIguana are being added, the upgrades apparently do not include Alchemy Bar.
Following the month-long dry dock Carnival Paradise will resume its year-round schedule of four- to eight-day cruises from Tampa, Fla., March 26, 2018.
The new features include:
· Guy’s Burger Joint
· RedFrog Rum Bar
· BlueIguana Cantina
· Camp Ocean: a play area designed for kids ages 2-11.
· New Cabins, Stateroom Enhancements: Thirty-eight cabins will be added – two Grand Vista suites offering floor-to-ceiling windows, 22 junior suites, two scenic ocean view cabins and 12 interior accommodations. Additionally, private verandahs have been added to 98 existing staterooms, creating new 230-square-foot balcony staterooms. All staterooms will offer new island-inspired interiors with bright colors and soothing pastels inspired by Carnival Paradise’s tropical itineraries.
· WaterWorks Aqua Park: Located on Verandah Deck, this expansive all-ages water park features an enclosed 300-foot-long Twister water slide, two 82-foot-long racing slides, and a splash zone for kids.
· Miniature Golf Course: A nine-hole miniature golf course has been relocated to Deck 14.
· Retail and Photo Enhancements: The ship’s retail shops are being completely reimagined with a new design and enhanced product offerings including Pandora and Guess. Cherry on Top is also being added, while the printed photo gallery is being replaced with a digital Pixels-branded platform that allows guests to identify and purchase images via their smartphones or at a nearby kiosk.
Carnival Paradise’s Tampa-based schedule includes four-day cruises to Cozumel and five-day cruises to Cozumel or Mahogany Bay (Roatan), Grand Cayman or Key West. The ship also sails to Cuba with four-day cruises visiting Havana, five-day cruises calling at Havana and Cozumel or Key West, and eight-day voyages to Havana, Key West and Grand Cayman.