January 15, 2018.
Carnival Victory is in the midst of an extensive, multi-million-dollar dry dock that is adding what I call ‘the full treatment’ and what used to be called the Funship 2.0 upgrades.
The ship is currently in drydock at Freeport, The Bahamas, and is scheduled to complete the work on January 21.
The additions include:
• Guy’s Burger Joint: The best burgers at sea, anywhere. Trust me. Guy’s is a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with chef and restaurateur Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries enjoyed amidst a décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture.
• New Accommodations: Several new cabin categories will be added to Carnival Victory, including 260-square-feet Scenic Ocean View staterooms and 320-square-foot Scenic Grand Ocean View accommodations as well as Captain’s Suites, spacious 820-square-foot cabins offer a large extended balcony, two full-size bathrooms, separate sleeping quarters and a large living room.
• RedFrog Rum Bar: Poolside bar offering the quintessential Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red.
• BlueIguana Cantina: a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.
• BlueIguana Tequila Bar: the second poolside bar offering Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers.
• Bonsai Sushi Express: walkup window in the Lido Buffet area featuring an array of sushi, sashimi, California rolls, etc. (a la carte pricing)
• Re-Branded Deli: the ship’s deli has been completely renovated with an updated design and new menu offerings, including seven sandwiches such as meatball, buffalo chicken, and The Cubano, along with Southwest chicken, falafel and turkey wraps.
• Cherry on Top: The shop with bins of bulk candy, gifts, just-because novelties, colorful custom apparel and more.
Carnival Victory operates year-round three- and four-day cruises from PortMiami. Three-day cruises depart on Fridays and call at Nassau, while four-day voyages depart Mondays and visit Key West and Cozumel or Nassau and the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay.