December 3, 2018.
MSC Cruises today revealed the all-star cast of international chefs on board its first ever World Cruise in January 2019. Delivering a one-of-a-kind gourmet dining experience on board, the line-up includes current as well as former Michelin-starred chefs, chefs of the year, award-winning cookbook authors as well as recipients of other international culinary recognition.
MSC Magnifica will depart for the 2019 World Cruise on January 5, 2019 from Genoa, Italy.
Bringing flavors and inspiration from their native countries and beyond, the impressive group of all-star chefs will create their own special dishes for MSC Cruises guests while also joining for a portion of the cruise. The roster includes chefs from every corner of the globe representing some of the world’s most popular cuisines, including:
– Michelin-starred Spanish chef, Ramón Freixa
– Decorated Indian-American chef, Vikas Khanna
– Award-winning Italian chef, Carlo Cracco
– Two-time World Champion in pastry, French chef Jean-Philippe Maury
– Restauranteur, cookbook author and chef, Roy Yamaguchi
– Expert in all four schools of Chinese cooking, Chef Jereme Leung
– Veteran chef and restauranteur, Brazilian chef, Allan Vila Espejo
– MasterChef Colombia jury member Chef Jorge Rausch
– And, Sydney Morning Herald’s “Chef of the Year,” French-Canadian chef, Serge Dansereau
Each acclaimed chef will develop a three- or four-course menu for guests to savor during a dedicated evening, each reflecting the chef’s own particular skill and flair. For his exclusive evening on board, Pastry Chef Jean-Philippe Maury will instead prepare a decadent dessert. Most of the chefs will embark on board with a select team for a portion of the cruise, working with the on-board chefs to prepare their personalized creations. During these uniquely exclusive meals, the chefs will be able to greet and interact with guests in person while they enjoy their dishes.
The next MSC World Cruise in 2020
While the 2019 World Cruise is long sold out, for those who wish to join the ship for her next journey around the globe, a few choice staterooms are still available on the 2020 World Cruise departing January 5, 2020.
The 2020 World Cruise will visit 43 destinations across 23 countries, with many brand new and exotic destinations including, among others:
- Ushuaia, Argentina: The most southern city in the world, this Argentinian fishing village offers stunning water scenery with often snow-topped mountains.
- Rapa Nui, Easter Island: This storied island is famed globally for its unique collection of carved-stone figurines dating back to the 13th century.
- Darwin, Australia: Located at the northern tip of the country, the region allows guests to experience the true Australia, with beaches, lagoons, sports and local wildlife in close proximity.
- Valparaiso, Chile: Recognized for its small, bright-colored houses on its coastal hills, Valparaiso offers visitors spectacular views out to the Pacific or exploration in the city, marveling at photo-worthy walls of art
- Mumbai/Bombay, India: The bustling city of Mumbai (previously called Bombay) offers endless tastes, scents and sights around every corner.
- Salalah, Oman: With multiple waterfalls, exotic lush flora and unusual animals, Salalah is an unforgettable destination.