March 29, 2017.
Azamara Club Cruises today unveiled its 2019 itineraries to 250 ports of call, including 45 maiden ports, 69 countries, 94 overnight stays, and 145 late night stays. New offerings include Azamara’s first-ever sailings to Alaska, 9 Special Events Voyages and 9 Country Intensive Voyages.
North To Alaska!
Azamara is offering a variety of Alaska experiences with 11 cruises, from 8 to 10 days in length, between May and September of 2019. The line’s new Alaska voyages will feature many late night stays. Complimentary “AzAmazing Evenings” will feature local experiences, and curated optional shore excursions in small groups of 20 – 25 guests.
Shore excursion highlights include:
- Haines off the Beaten Path – Meet Local: Take a scenic drive to Picture Point along the Chilkat River to visit the artists’ enclave of Mud Bay with a special tour of Extreme Dreams Art Studio – a handcrafted timber-frame gallery filled with unique creations by select local artisans. Then, return to Haines for a guided visit to the quirky yet fascinating Hammer Museum.
- Icy Strait Point – Taste Local: In Alaska’s wildest kitchen, guests can capture the essence of real Alaskan flavors with fresh seafood tasting in a rustic setting hosted by an Alaskan fisherman and an expert filleting demonstration.
- Juneau Dog Sledding on the Mendenhall Glacier – Adventure Local: A dynamic helicopter ride to the Mendenhall Glacier is followed by an exhilarating dog sledding journey with about 300 spirited Alaskan huskies.
- Skagway White Pass Legacy Club Luxury Railway Experience – View Local: Experience the dramatic beauty of Southeast Alaska in opulence while traveling aboard the White Pass & Yukon Route’s luxurious Legacy Club Car, featuring your very own private guide.
Azamara’s Land & Sea Experiences include pre- and post-voyage land programs of two to six nights. Curated Land & Sea Experiences include Untamed Alaska, Native Villages for an authentic and traditional community gathering, riverboat cruising, or an afternoon in a local dog handler kennel, learning about the famed Iditarod Dogsled race where guests can meet with some furry and friendly Alaskan Huskies.
More 2019 Voyage Highlights
- Golf Local with Perry Golf: In partnership with Perry Golf, Azamara has eight new voyages for golf enthusiasts that include The British Open in Portrush, Northern Ireland and The Masters Tournament in Augusta, Georgia.
- Special Event Voyages: Premier events include two Formula One races (the Monaco Grand Prix and Spanish Grand Prix), the Cannes Film Festival, a round-trip California Wine Cruise from Los Angeles and an Annular Solar Eclipse voyage through the Indian Ocean. The line will also be in Edinburgh for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, and on the Azamara Journey’s May 28,2019 voyage, guests will experience the 75th anniversary of D-Day, as well as the once every five years Rouen Festival featuring many of the world’s largest and most beautiful tall ships.
- Country Intensive Voyages: These itineraries consist of most – if not all – ports of call within the destination. Japan, one of the new intensive voyages, offers 13 ports in 15 days throughout a circumnavigation of the country allowing experiences in every part of the country. Other countries include New Zealand, Mexico, Norway, Spain, France, Italy, Croatia and Greece.
- 45 Maiden Ports of Call: 2019 will see Azamara sailing to 45 maiden ports of call including Aalborg, Denmark; Lorient, France; Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK; Boracay Island, Philippines; Stewart Island, New Zealand and many more.
Finally, Azamara’s recently launched Cruise Global, Connect Local land programs offer an impressive variety of over one thousand new and existing intimate shore excursions. Custom experiences curated by Azamara’s expert team accommodate every travel style whether it be an interest in experiencing local life behind the scenes (Cruise Global, Meet Local), food and wine (Cruise Global, Taste Local), guided historic tours (Cruise Global, View Local), enjoy exclusive, custom after-dinner experiences (Cruise Global, Nights Local), biking (Cruise Global, Bike Local) and much more.
Opportunities to travel deeper are endless. Additionally, all guests experience complimentary AzAmazing Evenings that provide true cultural immersion and local entertainment in places like a French chateaux, Caribbean gardens, Spanish forts, Russian ballet halls and Roman amphitheaters.
For a full list of 2019 Azamara Voyages, visit https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/2019