August 8, 2018.
Princess Cruises has revealed the line’s newly enhanced beverage menus, featuring globally inspired signature cocktail offerings created by master mixologist Rob Floyd. As one of the most significant beverage changes in the history of the company, destination-specific ingredients have been carefully selected to tantalize guests’ taste buds with flavors from every corner of the world. In addition to the new cocktails, the line has added 20 new high-end and exotic spirits, 39 new wines by the glass, and 17 new international and craft beers to the new menu.
Highlights of the new onboard offerings include a set of signature cocktails designed by Floyd, who used fresh ingredients and destination inspiration to develop a portfolio of new drinks for Princess Cruises. Bars and lounges throughout the ships will also feature new, themed menus, so guests can have fun exploring the different offerings at the various bars on board.
Floyd believes spectacular drinks combine the best of “The Three T’s.” First and foremost is “Taste,” as interesting ingredient combinations produce delicious flavors. The second element, “Technique,” refers to the skill and craft that goes into creating each drink. And last but not least the “Tale;” a creative and fascinating inspiration behind each unique cocktail.
Whether traveling to Mexico, Italy, or the South Pacific, the globally designed cocktails by Rob Floyd have the flavors to inspire. Initial offerings include:
● Mayan Heat: Patrón Silver tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, agave syrup, muddled jalapeño
● Italian Sunset: Aperol, Bombay Sapphire gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, Angostura bitters
● Ver-Jus: St. George “Terroir” gin, St-Germain, muddled green grapes, lemon juice, simple syrup
● Mint Divine: Bombay Sapphire gin, ginger beer, cucumber, lime juice, simple syrup, fresh mint
● Amaretto Manhattan: Bulleit Bourbon, Disaronno, sweet vermouth, Angostura orange bitters
● Princess Punch: Absolut Elyx vodka, St. George raspberry liqueur, fresh lime, simple syrup, Gosling’s ginger beer
● East Side Punch: Absolut Elyx vodka, fresh mint, cucumber, lime juice, simple syrup, club soda
● A Trip to the Tropics: Absolut Elyx vodka, apricot liqueur, orange juice, pineapple juice, pomegranate juice
● Ivory Coast: Grey Goose vodka, Amarula African liqueur, Kahlúa, chocolate shavings
● The Egyptian Zombie: Bacardi Superior rum, Gosling’s Dark rum, blackberry brandy, sweet and sour, orange juice, pineapple juice, grenadine
Rounding out the new drinks are “zero-proof cocktails,” made without alcohol. These light, fruity and refreshing drinks skimp on the alcohol, but miss none of the flavor:
● Zero Mojito: Fresh mint, lime, simple syrup, Sprite
● Strawberries on Fire: Fresh strawberries, lime juice, agave syrup, jalapeño, soda
The new beverage menu offerings will be available aboard all ships in fall 2018.
In addition to adding the new wines by the glass, Princess Cruises worked with Doug Frost, one of only four people in the world to hold both the prestigious ranks of Master Sommelier and Master of Wine to refresh the wine menus onboard. More specific details will be shortly announced.
To whet guests whistles even more, Princess Cruises also unveiled this summer a thirst-quenching deal with the Sip and Sail promotion, offering complimentary beverages for balcony, mini-suite and suite bookings. More information about the Sip and Sail offer is available at princess.com/cruisedeals.
All prices are per person based on double occupancy. The Sip and Sail cruise deal runs through 11:59 p.m. PDT on September 5, 2018 and is available to residents of United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Bermuda who are 21 years of age or older.