May 13, 2018.
Royal Caribbean’s Independence of the Seas arrived today at her new home in Southampton England, featuring a plethora of new experiences and features after a family-focused multi-million dollar makeover.
Newly dubbed as ‘the ultimate family ship’, Independence has an array of new features such as the Sky Pad, a new virtual reality bungee trampoline experience, and the interactive aqua park, Splashaway Bay, which is bigger and better than ever before.
The reimagined ship also includes a host of other new features:
- The Perfect Storm, a duo of racing waterslides called Cyclone and Typhoon.
- Glow-in-the-dark laser tag, an experience in Studio B unlike any other, where friends and family can team up to play “Battle for Planet Z”.
- Puzzle Break, a new escape room experience where competitors can put their minds to the test, working together to find hidden clues and solve a series of high-tech riddles to unravel a mystery. With only 60 minutes of play, the excitement builds with each tick of the clock.
- New lounges and Panoramic Oceanview staterooms. With wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling views looking forward above the bridge.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade, enables sports fans to enjoy all the biggest live sporting events over ice-cold beers, wings, sliders and more.
- Izumi Hibachi & Sushi, the exotic Asian-inspired dining experience gives guests the chance to enjoy fresh sushi and experience skilled chefs cooking tableside on teppanyaki grills.
- Fish & Ships, a poolside eatery where guests can grab quintessentially British seaside treats.
- Sugar Beach candy shop, a wondrous world of delicious delights, along with a few exciting surprises.
Guests will be welcomed onboard for her first new sailing on May 15, 2018.
Following her inaugural sailing, the ship will call at destinations across Europe and the Mediterranean until November 2018, when it repositions to Fort Lauderdale for the winter season.